Singapore — Five people were conveyed to the hospital after an HDB flat in North Bridge Unit caught fire on Saturday (Jun 12).
The fire took place in a seventh-floor unit in the Housing Board block and was extinguished using a water jet.
About 120 people were evacuated from the sixth to 10th floors of the block by the police.
A Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) spokesman said it was alerted to the blaze at Block 8 at about 10.15 pm.
The SCDF added that four people were conveyed to Singapore General Hospital and one person to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
In a Facebook post on Sunday, Jalan Besar GRC MP Denise Phua wrote: “Almost everything in the flat burnt. Thank God no serious injury”.
She added: “HDB Sims Drive Rental expediently put up (shocked) resident in a nearby replacement rental flat.
“After settling them at the new empty flat (thanks to HDB), we bought and delivered some essentials such as pails , makan, fan, kettle etc for family from a 24-hour supermarket,” Ms Phua wrote. /TISGFollow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to email@example.com