Home News Seungri scandal: singer Roy Kim appears for police questioning, apologises to fans

Seungri scandal: singer Roy Kim appears for police questioning, apologises to fans

“First and foremost, I apologize to my fans and family who cherished me and cheered me on, as well as to the nation's citizens, for causing worry. I will take part in the investigation truthfully," said Roy Kim

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Seoul – Korean singer-songwriter Roy Kim appeared in front of the press on April 10 (Wednesday) to apologise to fans and express his intent to cooperate in the investigations.

At the entrance to the Seoul Metropolitan Police Office, he said, “First and foremost, I apologize to my fans and family who cherished me and cheered me on, as well as to the nation’s citizens, for causing worry. I will take part in the investigation truthfully.”

Kim refused to provide additional details when he was asked, “Did you personally film the illegal content you shared in the chat room?”, “Is it true that you utilized slang terms referring to illegal drugs in the chat room?”

The singer currently faces a charge for the distribution of illegal media content without consent through social platforms, reported allkpop. His close friend Jung Joon Young is one of the members of the controversial chat room alongside Seungri and Jonghun (a retired Korean musician and actor).

- Advertisement -

Georgetown University to conduct own investigation

A day before Kim’s appearance for questioning, the prestigious Georgetown University announced that they would be starting a thorough investigation of their student to evaluate his case fairly and sensitively.

Kim allegedly confessed that he did not take the photos that were shared in the KakaoTalk chatroom but only downloaded them online.

According to Koreaboo, a Georgetown University spokesman, Matt Hill said that “Georgetown is committed to making sure that reported cases of sexual misconduct are investigated and responded to promptly and thoroughly. We take this work extremely seriously and are committed to evaluating each case sensitively and fairly.”

Koreaboo noted that Kim, who only had a month left before his graduation would probably be delayed due to the investigations.

On the Seungri scandal

“The deliberation committee decided last month that these three individuals will be temporarily banned from appearing on broadcasts,” announced the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) on April 9 (Tuesday), in relation to Seungri, Jung Joon Young and Jonghun.

Any illegal and immoral behaviour portrayed by celebrities that causes a social disturbance is reviewed by the KBS Broadcast Regulatory Review.

KBS added that the ban is not permanent and the three K-pop artists may return on broadcasts if they have been found innocent after trial or after their legal punishments, reported allkpop.

Updates on the investigations will be posted.

Read related:

Behind the scenes of Korean’s billion dollar entertainment industry; the scandals of Seungri, Jung Joon-young

Read related: https://theindependent.sg/billionaire-peter-lims-socialite-daughter-kim-separates-herself-from-the-k-pop-seungri-scandal/

- Advertisement -
72,000FansLike
1,000FollowersFollow
4,000FollowersFollow
1,000SubscribersSubscribe