The New Paper reported that a dead centipede was found in a plate of Nasi Padang that Madam Safina had eaten.
Safina a customer service officer at Singapore Airlines ordered the food from Punggol Nasi Padang’s outlet in Century Square Mall on May 3 (Tue) at about 2pm. To her horror in her order of assam pedas, vegetables and white rice was also a dead black centipede. She described it to be “as long as a finger”.
She had already started eating when she discovered the dead insect in her food and she was not sure if there were any others in her food and if she had eaten any. She went to the Changi General Hospital for a check-up just in case.
The case has now been reported to the police as well as to the National Environment Agency (NEA).
In 2014, a a four-year-old boy, Shayne Sujith Balasubraamaniam, died of food poisoning four days after he ate at a Nasi Padang stall located in Northpoint Shopping Centrefood. Checks found unsafe levels of bacteria at the Nasi Padang stall due to various hygiene lapses. NEA suspended the stall’s licence.Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to email@example.comNo tags for this post.