Home News Featured News Potong Pasir MP goes to the ground and personally aids residents as...

Potong Pasir MP goes to the ground and personally aids residents as pipe leak affects 90 households after Christmas

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Potong Pasir MP Sitoh Yih Pin has won praise after he went to the ground and personally aided those affected by a massive pipe leak yesterday, the day after Christmas.

A massive pipe leak at Block 101 Potong Pasir Avenue at 10am yesterday caused water to shoot six storeys high and left 90 households without water supply.

While the Public Utilities Board (PUB) deployed a service crew to the site to repair the leak, restore water supply and provide water for the affected through water wagons and the distribution of water bags, the constituency’s MP also personally joined efforts to help those affected.

Along with a group of grassroots leaders, Sitoh Yih Pin worked to deliver water to the affected households and also look at the repair works that were being carried out by the PUB team.

- Advertisement -

The ruling party parliamentarian was alerted to the incident when a resident sent him a photo at 9.30am yesterday showing a pipe shooting water out. He recalled that, “The first thing in my mind was whether there were any injuries, and how many households were affected.”

He later wrote on Facebook: “It has been brought to my attention that the underground pipe burst this morning, during the on-going construction works. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

“Big thank you for the prompt assistance by my GRLs, volunteers and officers from Town Council and PUB.”

The MP believes that the leak was caused by the contractor for the Neighbourhood Renewal Programme that is ongoing in the estate. He said: “We have reported the contractor to the authorities. PUB has been notified of the incident.” Investigations are ongoing.

In the meantime, Sitoh has been receiving praise on social media for getting down on the ground and helping residents in need:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1977134818990951&id=166835826687535&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBBbE8h0X9ReuYYDuyZFOomgST0smYsHA8FWPXTKRsnKSqjHGFSa7oNudCWw5mCBo0Qd5Fllelo5QxVI2vhuKf2U9uiIPhOAFXgM8t_R-uRfOj4Pyyz1owzRSwpes3TXQFtqteltADbTakzqpUPpo0LH5JcfIzIMrlTFajzI5t7YN6C9s4eBGG0yQAZEvSocsqNpEYXHKoD997OGHvJQGWackvgtArkyxjgL0t_oyeip4HrD1FcVYGse56fK5540ujZvD0W32otN6d-4oYBN_QhsypNGOK6-iiGn7q1Tu2MRkFjhTAXhgNcRB0YVz_8Pz18kkyMdxDas_Eb1eRNnSxzlA&__tn__=-R

- Advertisement -