Home News Featured News Massage gun from Lazada catches fire after charging, netizens warn against buying...

Massage gun from Lazada catches fire after charging, netizens warn against buying cheap electronics online

"It could have burnt the whole house; luckily I was there to put out the fire fast," wrote the concerned individual. "This is a serious matter and totally unacceptable," the customer added.

Follow us on Instagram and Telegram
- Advertisement -

Netizens warned members of the public of the dangers of purchasing cheap electronic products after a massage gun from e-commerce platform Lazada caught fire after charging.

Facebook page Complaint Singapore member “Kim Eun-ji” purchased a red massage gun from Lazada, which caught fire and burned her table, shelf and wooden floor.

“It could have burnt the whole house; luckily I was there to put out the fire fast,” wrote the concerned individual. “This is a serious matter and totally unacceptable,” she added.

Ms Kim added photos of the aftermath, such as black dust particles surrounding the charging area and debris scattered around the floor.

Photo: FB screengrab/Complaint Singapore

Photo: FB screengrab/Complaint Singapore

She noted that the manual included warnings of a fire hazard. “This product really seems dangerous. Do not use,” she said.

Photo: FB screengrab/Complaint Singapore

Ms Kim then posted a product review on the seller’s page, but it appears that it was taken down or “expired.”

She also reached out to Lazada customer support for compensation for damages. “But they ignored my question and just asked me to ask for refund,” she said.

Photo: FB screengrab/Complaint Singapore

The seller has since refunded the amount, although the damage was already done, said Ms Kim.

Netizens urged others to refrain from purchasing electrical products without the SG safety mark. “You are buying at your own risk, and that’s why we have fires in HDB flats,” said Facebook user Chen Tianguo.

“Lazada is only a middleman, and they, of course, won’t entertain you unless they are the one bringing in the product.”

Many noted that the price of the massage was too low, to begin with. “Electronics items better buy personally and don’t buy online and some more its cheap,” said Facebook user ZamriBoy Kamarudin.

“For electronics stuff better to buy a reliable brand and from a reputable distributor. You are lucky, you didn’t get burnt or hurt or botak any parts of your hair!” added Facebook user Alicia Foo.

One Edwin Gan had the same product and thanked Ms Kim for raising awareness of the risks. “After reading this, I will dispose of it into the electrical and electronics recycle bin,” he said./TISG

Fire at West Jurong kills one, injures another — preliminary investigation indicates blaze was electrical origin from PMD

Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -
Follow us on Instagram and Telegram

Read More

Stories you might’ve missed, June 30

New poll: Singaporeans increasingly worried about cost of living; support Lawrence Wong but not necessarily PAP 4G   A recent survey is showing that Singaporeans rank high costs of living and climate change among their top five concerns. Additionally, while Prime Minister-in-waiting...

Ah Girls Go Army’s XiXi Lim responds to fat-shamer girl’s continuous attacks, netizens get inspired by XiXi’s positivity & grace

Actress XiXi Lim dealt with class and grace with a fat-shamer who slid unwelcome messages into her DMs. Ms Lim’s responses to a commenter who...

Grab driver uncle in gas mask apologises with “I can’t breathe” sign

“Thank you uncle. #Iquit,” wrote TikToker @tofububblez after riding in a Grab vehicle where it had a sign that posted warnings about the risks...

Customer waits 2 hours for Foodpanda order, Foodpanda cancelled order because customer didn’t pick up phone, but customer says no missed calls received

A Foodpanda customer waited two hours for her dinner to arrive and ended up with a cancelled transaction after customer service tried contacting her...

Illegal U-turn attempt at Hougang Street ends up in major accident for Mercedes & Renault

An illegal U-turn attempt at Hougang Street 91 resulted in a major accident involving a Renault and Mercedes. Despite the double white lines and the...

Stories you might’ve missed, June 30

New poll: Singaporeans increasingly worried about cost of living; support Lawrence Wong but not necessarily PAP 4G   A recent survey...

Ah Girls Go Army’s XiXi Lim responds to fat-shamer girl’s continuous attacks, netizens get inspired by XiXi’s positivity & grace

Actress XiXi Lim dealt with class and grace with a fat-shamer who slid unwelcome messages into her DMs. Ms Lim’s...

Grab driver uncle in gas mask apologises with “I can’t breathe” sign

“Thank you uncle. #Iquit,” wrote TikToker @tofububblez after riding in a Grab vehicle where it had a sign that...

Customer waits 2 hours for Foodpanda order, Foodpanda cancelled order because customer didn’t pick up phone, but customer says no missed calls received

A Foodpanda customer waited two hours for her dinner to arrive and ended up with a cancelled transaction after...
Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg