The Workers’ Party (WP) revealed this evening that the AHTC’s engagement with independent auditor KPMG has ended and that the town council has submitted the 23rd and final report issued by KPMG to HDB today.
The final report is available in full on the AHTC website, which has since crashed due to “massive clicking”, according to the WP.
The party’s assistant secretary general, Pritam Singh, revealed in a statement on the WP’s Facebook page that KPMG has found that Workers’ Party-run Aljunied-Hougang Town Council has resolved all the audit points and control-related matters it had flagged for resolution.
The Aljunied GRC parliamentarian added that KPMG confirmed that it is “reasonably satisfied” that AHTC is compliant with section 35(c) of the Town Council Act and also revealed that AHTC’s new Town Council Financial System is now fully operational.
AHTC has also appointed an internal auditor, according to Singh, to “stress-test the Town Council’s controls and procedures including, but not limited to the new financial system and procurement matters on an on-going basis over the next two years.”
Singh ended the statement by thanking Aljunied-Hougang residents and well-wishers for their unflagging support:
Server seems to be down due to massive clicking — thank you all for the support and concern. Here’s the full text if you can’t access it:
KPMG Engagement ends; All audit points resolved
1. The Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (“AHTC”) submitted to the Housing and Development Board (“HDB”) on 15 February 2018 the twenty-third and final monthly report issued by KPMG to AHTC. The report was issued in accordance with the Court of Appeal judgment in Attorney-General vs AHPETC (Civil Appeal No. 114 of 2015)(“the Judgment”).
2. AHTC has made this report accessible in full (click here for full report).
3. In this final report, KPMG has confirmed that it is reasonably satisfied AHTC is compliant with section 35(c) of the Town Council Act and that all audit points and control-related matters identified for resolution by KPMG have been resolved.
4. The Members of Parliament (MPs) of AHTC and all Town Councillors extend their sincere gratitude to the General Manager, Head of Corporate Services, Head of Finance and all Finance staff, and Heads of Departments of AHTC for their tireless efforts in attending to and resolving all the issues identified by KPMG, including the implementation of new controls and procedures, amongst other significant work.
5. In addition, AHTC’s new Town Council Financial System is now fully operational. AHTC has also appointed an internal auditor to stress-test the Town Council’s controls and procedures including, but not limited to the new financial system and procurement matters on an on-going basis over the next two years.
6. Finally, the MPs and Town Councillors of AHTC wish to thank all residents and well-wishers for their unstinting support and encouragement. Thank you.
ALJUNIED-HOUGANG TOWN COUNCIL