I refer to The Independent Singapore’s report, “Audi swerves recklessly along PIE, hits motorcyclist & pillion, causing riders to be thrown off & tumble on the road” (Dec 31, 2022).
This is one of the most dangerous and undesirable driving acts which are always happening on our roads. I have been on the road almost every day, and I have closely observed the following reckless, careless and irresponsible driving behaviours:
1) Speeding cars on the expressways and tailgating the front vehicles closely. These speeding drivers are usually the high-performance, expensive, fastest exotic car owners.
2) Speeding drivers used to swerve left and right on the roads, especially on the expressways.
3) Drivers who ignore signalling or signalling at the last minute while changing lanes.
4) Drivers who like to make illegal turnings or U-turns.
5) Drivers who switch on headlights while driving, even in broad daylight. This poses a safety hazard to the drivers of the front vehicles.
All the observations cited above have posed unnecessary traffic hazards to all road users, and they would easily result in terrible accidents.
Teo Kueh Liang
The views expressed here are those of the author/contributor and do not necessarily represent the views of The Independent Singapore.
Got a juicy story to share? Came across a gross injustice that needs to be heard? Want to have your opinion on current events made known? Email us your story with details and proof! Make your voice known! firstname.lastname@example.org
Audi swerves recklessly along PIE, hits motorcyclist & pillion, causing riders to be thrown off & tumble on the road
Send in your scoops to email@example.com