The complete 2019 Singapore Michelin Star list for Singaporean restaurants was revealed during the Michelin Guide gala dinner at the Grand Ballroom of Capella Singapore on September 17.
The final count of Singaporean restaurants and eateries that earned stars were 44 and 58 respectively, and Singapore is now the proud home to two three Michelin-star establishments, French restaurants Le Mis and Odette.
At the gala dinner, the launch of the Michelin Guide Singapore 2019, now in its fourth edition, was also celebrated.
The city-state lost its only three Michelin-star establishment, Joel Robuchon Restaurant, when it closed in 2018.
The pressure was on the Le Mis and Odette to retain their two Michelin-star status or to surpass it.
Odette recently placed 18th in the World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards, held for the first time in Singapore in June of this year.
This year, 44 restaurants received Michelin stars, an increase from the 39 restaurants that made it in 2018.
French contemporary restaurant Saint Pierre gained one more star, moving up to the two Michelin-star category along with Scandinavian restaurant Zen.
Michelin’s Bib Gourmand awards were also revealed that night, and a total of 58 eateries made the honoured list.
The Bib Gourmand category was first created in 1997 to celebrate food eateries that provide great quality and value-for-money meals for under S$45.
Of the 58 entries that made the list this year, 33 are hawker stalls, along with six street food establishments and 19 restaurants. Last year, only 50 entries were selected for the Bib Gourmand category.
ONE MICHELIN STAR RECIPIENTS
Basque Kitchen by Aitor (Basque cuisine with a twist)
Buona Terra (Italian)
Cheek Bistro (formerly Cheek By Jowl) (Australian)
Restaurant JAG (French)
Meta (Asian fusion)
Table 65 (European)
Alma by Juan Amador (European)
Beni (Japanese-French fusion)
Burnt Ends (Bar and grill)
Chef Kang’s (Cantonese)
Corner House (European)
Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle (Food stand)
Jiang-Nan Chun (Cantonese)
Lei Garden (Dim sum restaurant)
Ma Cuisine (French)
Nouri (Modern European)
Putien (Kitchener Road) (Chinese)
Summer Palace (Chinese)
Summer Pavilion (Cantonese)
Sushi Ichi (Sushi)
Sushi Kimura (Sushi)
The Song of India (Indian)
TWO MICHELIN STAR RECIPIENTS
Saint Pierre (French)
Shisen Hanten (Szechuan)
Waku Ghin (Japanese-European fusion)
THREE MICHELIN STAR RECIPIENTS
Les Amis (French)
MICHELIN’S BIB GOURMAND 2019 FULL LIST
1. A Noodle Story (Amoy Street Food Centre)
2. Alliance Seafood (Newton Food Centre)
3. Anglo Indian (Shenton Way)
4. Ar Er Soup (ABC Brickworks Market and Food Centre)
5. Balestier Road Hoover Rojak (Whampoa Makan Place)
7. Beach Road Fish Head Bee Hoon (Whampoa Makan Place)
8. Bedok Chwee Kueh (Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre)
10. Chai Chuan Tou Yang Rou Tang (Bukit Merah View Market and Hawker Centre)
12. Chen’s Mapo Tofu
13. Chey Sua Carrot Cake (Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre)
14. Chuan Kee Boneless Braised Duck (Ghim Moh Market & Food Centre)
15. Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa (Alexandra Village Food Centre)
16. Eminent Frog Porridge & Seafood (Geylang Road Lorong 19)
17. Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
18. Fresh Taste Big Prawn Noodle (Zion Riverside Food Centre)
19. Fu Ming Cooked Food (Redhill Food Centre)
20. Guan Kee Fried Kway Teow (Ghim Moh Market and Food Centre)
21. Hawker Chan Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle (78 Smith Street)
22. Heng (Newton Food Centre)
23. Hjh Maimunah (Jalan Pisang)
24. Hock Hai (Hong Lim) Curry Chicken Noodle (Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre)
25. Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee (Tiong Bahru Market)
26. Hong Kee Beef Noodle (Amoy Street Food Centre)
27. Hong Kong Yummy Soup (Alexandra Village Food Centre)
28. Hoo Kee Rice Dumpling (Amoy Street Food Centre)
29. Indocafe – The White House
30. J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff (Amoy Street Food Centre)
31. Ka Soh (Outram Park)
32. Koh Brother Pig’s Organ Soup (Tiong Bahru Market) New
33. Kok Sen
35. Lao Fu Zi Fried Kway Teow (Old Airport Road Food Centre)
36. Lian He Ben Ji Claypot Rice (Chinatown Complex)
37. Man Man (Tanjong Pagar)
38. Muthu’s Curry (Little India)
39. Na Na Curry (Bukit Merah View Market & Hawker Centre)
40. New Lucky Claypot Rice (Holland Drive Market & Food Centre)
41. Outram Park Fried Kway Teow Mee (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
42. Shi Hui Yuan (Mei Ling Market & Food Centre)
44. Sik Bao Sin (Desmond’s Creation)
46. Sin Kee Famous Cantonese Chicken Rice (Holland Drive)
47. Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (New Bridge Road)
48. Tai Wah Pork Noodle (Hong Lim Market & Food Centre)
49. The Blue Ginger
50. Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice (Maxwell Food Centre)
51. Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice (Tiong Bahru Market)
52. Tiong Bahru Yi Sheng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (ABC Brickworks Market & Food Centre)
53. To-Ricos Guo Shi (Old Airport Road Food Centre)
55. Whole Earth
56. Yhingthai Palace
57. Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast)
Check out the complete Michelin guide for Singapore here. -/TISG
Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to firstname.lastname@example.orgNo tags for this post.