It is that time of the year again, when you look forward to taking time out and spending it exclusively with the spouse. Here are some ideas on how you can have a smashing time with each other on your anniversary, and still keep your budget intact.
Things to do on your anniversary evening: Dinner and activities
1. Take a culinary class together or cook a meal: Spend time with each other, add some friends or family into the mix, and you have the perfect recipe for a memorable anniversary activity. Called culinary entertainment, this concept allows you to choose a theme and a menu and rustle it up with professional help. Not too expensive, very exclusive, and definitely a unique idea that will be one for the memory books.
Where: CulinaryOn, #04-63, Tower 2, One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616
2. Dinner in the dark: You’ve done roof top dinners and candle lit dinners; it’s time to try out dinner in the dark. At Nox Dine in the Dark, you are led to a pitch dark dining room where you ‘look’ at your dinner with a fresh perspective! It’s all about a culinary experience without sight, which heightens the other senses like smell, touch, taste, and sound. Discovering and experiencing a meal together can be quite a hit on the romance scale!
Where: Nox Dine in the Dark, 269, Beach Road, Singapore 199546
How much: A meal for two costs about S$250
3. Escape Room for a night of fun and games: Send the adrenaline shooting and add some thrills to your anniversary date; find yourselves trapped in one of the many escape rooms in Singapore. Look for clues, solve some mysteries or get freaked out in a horror themed room.
Where: Exit Plan SG, The Escape Room SG, The Escape Hunt Experience Singapore, LOST SG Escape Room Singapore
How much: Most places are under S$30 per person
4. Movie night! Organise a personalised movie night at home. Shortlist your favourite movies as a couple on Netflix, print out a date night invitation with the movie menu, and leave it for your partner to find. Nothing like cuddling on a couch with the entertainment of your choice, and of course reasonably priced popcorn to munch on.
Related: 25 Free and Fun Things to Do in Singapore
5. Be simple: A little cheeky, but did you know that the best way to save on an anniversary dinner is not to go on one? Jokes aside, a bunch or a coffee/tea date on your anniversary is just as cosy, and way cheaper. In fact, a well-chosen location and menu can help set the mood for the rest of the day.
Where: TWG Tea locations across Singapore
Use your American Express Platinum Credit Card with its Love Dining offers!
Related: 6 Great Breakfast Places to Start Your Weekend Right
Gifts for each other
1. Couple perfume making workshop: Gifting a perfume, clichéd! But not when it’s a custom made fragrance designed for each other’s specific personalities. At Jet’aime, you can enrol as a couple for the Couple Perfume Workshop, and they will help you create the fragrance that is ideal for your partner.
There will be a personality questionnaire that should be a lot of fun for the two of you; and oh, did we mention that they encourage you to carry your own wine for the workshop? Think leisurely, laid back and exclusive?
Where: Jet’aime, 90 Good Man Road, Block O, #01-57, Singapore 439053
How much: For S$250, you get to take back 210 ml of fragrance in 8 different bottles.
2. All that glitters are Swarovski! The Swarovski summer sale, with its generous up to 50% off sale, comes as a boon for anniversary gift hunters. Choose from their online or store collection of jewellery and accessories and surprise the spouse with a pretty bauble for less!
Related: Best cashback cards in Singapore
3. Couples spa: Another idea from the clichéd bandwagon, but this one is a favourite and bound to be a hit. Don’t wish to go to a spa for a massage? You could have professionals come home. Still too expensive? Roll those towels out, light some scented candles and become the masseuse for the evening. Very romantic!
If you wish to pamper your spouse, get an appointment at Adeva Spa. Use your HSBC Credit Card to get 10% off on a la carte services. Your HSBC Advance Credit Card will also get you 15% off at Spa Rael.
4. Donate to a cause that the other partner likes: Nothing spells togetherness like endorsing your partner’s views, especially when they are philanthropic in nature. Give some time together or make a cash donation. Sweep your partner off their feet with this selfless gesture, earn your brownie points with the spouse and feel good yourself! You can look at some of the options here.
5. Paint a canvas for the other partner: Splash your love for your partner on canvas with a painting that you made secretly. The clandestine part of the whole affair will add an invaluable charm to it. This framed gift will be a surprise, very personal, inexpensive, and will last forever. Win-win!
Where: Check out Heartroom Gallery! They offer Art Jamming classes for couples.
The post 10 Anniversary Dinner and Gift Ideas That Won’t Break the Bank appeared first on BankBazaar.sg.
BankBazaar.sg is a leading online marketplace in Singapore that helps consumers compare and apply for the best offers across all financial products: personal loans, home loans, credit cards & investments.
Like BankBazaar Singapore on Facebook to discover tips, clever hacks, and deals to save and earn you more money.
Send in your scoop to firstname.lastname@example.org