Entertainment Arts Rod Stewart reveals prostate cancer battle

Rod Stewart reveals prostate cancer battle

The father-of-eight was previously diagnosed with lung cancer and prostate cancer after.

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Singer Rod Stewart has been given the all-clear after battling prostate cancer, the British pop stalwart revealed.

Stewart, 74, who released his 30th studio album last year revealed to the audience at a weekend prostate charity fundraiser that he was diagnosed with cancer two years ago.

“Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer,” Stewart told the audience at the event in Surrey, southwest of London, it reported.

“No one knows this, but I thought this was about time I told everybody,” he added.

- Advertisement -

“I’m in the clear, now, simply because I caught it early. I have so many tests.”

The father-of-eight, who appeared at the event with former Faces bandmate Ronnie Wood—who was previously diagnosed with lung cancer—urged men to have their prostates checked regularly.

“Guys, you’ve got to really go to the doctor.”

He told The Mirror: “If you’re positive, and you work through it and you keep a smile on your face. I’ve worked for two years and I’ve just been happy, and the good Lord looked after me.”

The singer songwriter was born and raised in London and is of Scottish and English ancestry.

He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold over 100 million records worldwide.

Stewart has hand nine number-one albums in the UK Albums Chart and his tally of 62 UK hit singles includes 31 that reached the top ten, six of which gained the number-one position.

He has had 16 top ten singles in the US, with four reaching number-one on the Billboard Hot 100. He was knighted in the 2016 Birthday Honours for services to music and charity.

In 2008, Billboard magazine ranked him the 17th most successful artist on the “Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists. /TISG

 

 

 

 

 

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

JTC issues stop-work order on contractor that ‘erroneously’ cleared Kranji woodlands

Singapore – The contractor that “erroneously” cleared a forested area at Kranji has announced it has been issued a stop-work order by JTC and is assisting the developer with investigations on the issue. On Feb 16, state-owned industrial property developer JTC responded...

Clementi, Dover, Kranji: Singapore’s grand conservation plan is to plant trees and destroy forests

Yes, we love to plant trees. Since Lee Kuan Yew started the whole ritual, at least 10,000 saplings are planted every year since 1963 as part of the Tree Planting campaign. Impressive indeed. Singapore Clean and Green. At the same time,...

Ex-UOB vice-president charged with mishandling over S$5.4 million

Singapore—Sixty-five-year-old Ling Shek Lun, who used to be a  vice-president at UOB, has been charged with mishandling millions of dollars, reported straitstimes.com (ST) on Friday (Feb 19). Ling, a Singaporean who was charged in district court on Feb 10, faces two charges...

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent