Home News Botox jab alleged to have caused Singaporean property agent’s death

Botox jab alleged to have caused Singaporean property agent’s death

Young woman was on life support by the evening of the same day she had her Botox treatment.

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Singapore – Chinese newspaper Lianhe Wanbao reports that a 32-year-old Singaporean real-estate agent Lau Li Ting passed away after receiving a Botox injection at a Marina Bay beauty clinic.

According to the article, Lau had undergone Botox treatment at the clinic on the morning of Mar 8. The aesthetic doctor who handled the treatment and administered the injection alleges that Lau had begun to shiver shortly after the injection before then becoming unconsious.

The same doctor claimed that Lau’s heart had stopped beating before she was sent to the Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

Lau’s father received a call from the clinic regarding the incident at 3 pm and another call from SGH alerting him of his daughter’s critical condition.

- Advertisement -

The young woman then slipped into a coma and was placed onto life support until the evening of Mar 13 when she succumbed to her condition.

Lau’s father has confirmed heart failure to be the cause of death although the relationship between the injection and his daughter’s death has not been identified.

The medication used in the injection has also not been identified. However, Lianhe Wanbao mentioned that Lau was not new to Botox treatments and had been treated at a licensed clinic.

A police report has been made, and investigations are ongoing.

Lau’s mother shared with the publication that her daughter was the eldest among four children and had always been a lively and independent person. The recently-qualified property agent was a teacher in private tuition for almost ten years before changing careers.

Lau’s mother also mentioned that the Lau family are refraining from jumping to conclusions regarding their daughter’s tragedy and will wait for the investigation findings. She added that “Women are naturally vain, but safety is still above all, I hope there won’t be such another tragedy again.”

They are accepting visitors for their late daughter and shared details of her wake via her Facebook account.

Photo: Facebook screengrab
Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

Netizens go to town and blast SPH CEO over his ‘take umbrage’ comment

Update: Mr Ng issued an apology on the subject on Saturday (May 8). He told The Straits Times: "I had stood up for SPH Media's long-cherished editorial integrity and will continue to do so. Being a direct and blunt-speaking person, I...

Head of M’sia-S’pore workers’ group asks if JB workers can serve 21-day SHN at budget hotels

Johor Bahru—In the light of a recent increase in Covid-19 infections, Singapore announced that it is extending Stay-Home Notices (SHN) from 14 days to 21 days for new arrivals to the country starting from Friday (May 7). The only exception will be...

Woman makes her temperature high to test if she can enter shopping malls in S’pore

Singapore – A woman conducted a social experiment by raising her temperature to see if she can still enter shopping malls despite the thermal scanner alarm going off. News and media company Shout uploaded a video on Facebook on Tuesday (May 4)...
Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent