Entertainment Arts Suicide Squad reboot is said to be good

Suicide Squad reboot is said to be good

With James Gunn at the helm, many are expecting a good run at the box office

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

The original Suicide Squad movie by David Ayer was a total flop.

It had immense potential with its star-studded cast and director, David Ayer who was responsible for Fury and End of Watch.

Sadly, Suicide Squad turned out to be a failure that not only received poor reviews but failed to live up to its box office promise as well.

Things are different now at the DC division over at Warner Bros.

- Advertisement -

A couple of months ago it was announced that James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) would be the director of the next Suicide Squad movie, which is set to be a reboot and not a sequel.

It is reported to be called The Suicide Squad.

Perhaps with Gunn in charge, we might get a Suicide Squad movie that is worthwhile.

James Gunn’s screenplay appears to be really solid.

In an interview with ComicBook.com, Guardians of the Galaxy actor and brother to James Gunn, Sean Gunn, shared his thoughts on his brother’s script:

“I know that he’s [James] very excited about shooting and now that I have read the script for it and I will say nothing other than that it’s really good. And I know that he’s pretty jazzed about it, so I’m definitely excited to hear what happens next. But they start shooting soon.”

While Sean Gunn was never going to come out and say anything negative about his brother’s screenplay, it’s still great to hear more positive news surrounding the project.

James Gunn previously mentioned that he will be drawing heavily from the John Ostrander run of the Suicide Squad comics.

“I have been an enormous fan of [Suicide Squad] in all its [DC Comics] incarnations – but to me there will always be something special about the [John Ostrander] run. Black ops military tales with disposable, often forgotten super villains?! Pure perfection.”

The Suicide Squad is set to hit the big screens on 6 August 2021. -/TISG

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

JTC issues stop-work order on contractor that ‘erroneously’ cleared Kranji woodlands

Singapore – The contractor that “erroneously” cleared a forested area at Kranji has announced it has been issued a stop-work order by JTC and is assisting the developer with investigations on the issue. On Feb 16, state-owned industrial property developer JTC responded...

Clementi, Dover, Kranji: Singapore’s grand conservation plan is to plant trees and destroy forests

Yes, we love to plant trees. Since Lee Kuan Yew started the whole ritual, at least 10,000 saplings are planted every year since 1963 as part of the Tree Planting campaign. Impressive indeed. Singapore Clean and Green. At the same time,...

Ex-UOB vice-president charged with mishandling over S$5.4 million

Singapore—Sixty-five-year-old Ling Shek Lun, who used to be a  vice-president at UOB, has been charged with mishandling millions of dollars, reported straitstimes.com (ST) on Friday (Feb 19). Ling, a Singaporean who was charged in district court on Feb 10, faces two charges...

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent