Entertainment Arts Steve Jobs complained to Disney CEO that Iron Man 2 sucked

Steve Jobs complained to Disney CEO that Iron Man 2 sucked

If you ask any MCU fan what was the worst film in the franchise and most would probably answer Iron Man 2.

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

The new book by Disney CEO Bob Iger, The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company told a story on how and why Disney decided to discard George Lucas’ ideas of the new trilogy and Lucas’ disappointment with Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Now there is another juicy story from the book.

If you ask any MCU fan what was the worst film in the franchise and most would probably answer Iron Man 2.

Jon Favreau’s Iron Mar 2 is perhaps the only bad film in the franchise, focusing too much on expanding the universe that it did not tell a standalone story.

- Advertisement -

Apparently the late founder of Apple, Steve Jobs did not like the film either.

In his book, Iger recalls (via ScreenRant):

“When Iron Man 2 came out, Steve [Jobs] took his son to see it and called me the next day. ‘I took Reed to see Iron Man 2 last night,’ he said. ‘It sucked.’”

This was back in 2010 when Steve Jobs was a board member at Disney and also their largest shareholder.

Previously, when promoting his book to Vanity FairBob Iger talked about the advice Jobs gave him regarding the purchase of Marvel Studios.

“In 2009, after our very successful acquisition of Pixar, we were interested in acquiring Marvel, so I met with Steve and walked him through the business. He claimed to have never read a comic book in his life (‘I hate them more than I hate video games,’ he told me), so I brought an encyclopedia of Marvel characters with me to explain the universe to him and show him what we would be buying. He spent about 10 seconds looking at it, then pushed it aside and said, ‘Is this one important to you? Do you really want it? Is it another Pixar?’”

 

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

JTC issues stop-work order on contractor that ‘erroneously’ cleared Kranji woodlands

Singapore – The contractor that “erroneously” cleared a forested area at Kranji has announced it has been issued a stop-work order by JTC and is assisting the developer with investigations on the issue. On Feb 16, state-owned industrial property developer JTC responded...

Clementi, Dover, Kranji: Singapore’s grand conservation plan is to plant trees and destroy forests

Yes, we love to plant trees. Since Lee Kuan Yew started the whole ritual, at least 10,000 saplings are planted every year since 1963 as part of the Tree Planting campaign. Impressive indeed. Singapore Clean and Green. At the same time,...

Ex-UOB vice-president charged with mishandling over S$5.4 million

Singapore—Sixty-five-year-old Ling Shek Lun, who used to be a  vice-president at UOB, has been charged with mishandling millions of dollars, reported straitstimes.com (ST) on Friday (Feb 19). Ling, a Singaporean who was charged in district court on Feb 10, faces two charges...

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent