Melaka—The location of the severed human heads, allegedly of a woman and her son, was revealed to local police by the Singaporean man said to be responsible for their murders, but police have yet to confirm the identities of their finds.
The gruesome story began to unfold when a grass-cutter found body parts on October 10, Thursday, as he went about his work near the main road of Kampung Ladang by the Krubong industrial area in Melaka.
Late in the afternoon, he saw eight separate body parts along the path where he was cutting grass, and quickly went to the Tanjung Minyak police station to file a report.
Shortly afterward, ACP Afzanizar Ahmad, the Melaka Tengah police chief, told reporters that the body parts were at least five days old, and added that further examination of the parts were necessary. “We have to await forensic analysis at the Melaka Hospital for conclusive details.”
By Saturday, police announced that a Singaporean man had been arrested for the crime.
Melaka police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mat Kassim Karim announced that, in cooperation with Singaporean authorities, the man had been found and arrested the day before, and was en route back to Melaka to assist with the investigations.
It was also revealed that the victims were a woman, age 27, and her son, age 11. The police said they believed that the man who killed them had used a machete to dismember their bodies, and then disposed of them in two different areas.
DCP Mat Kassim added they were continuing the search for more body parts where they were initially found by the grass cutter.
The heads and hands of the victims were not among the parts uncovered.
On October 12, Saturday, the Singaporean man arrested for the crime led the police to the discovery of some human heads, which were on the roof of his house.
The Singapore Police Force (SPF) also released a statement on the matter, saying that they had received a request for assistance on this particular case of murder in Tanjung Minyak, Malaysia from the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM).
“The SPF arrested a 31-year-old man and handed him over to RMP on Oct 11… to aid in investigations. It is inappropriate to comment further as investigations by RMP are ongoing.”
On Saturday, Malaysian Police took the man to the house he rented in Taman Merdeka Jaya. Earlier that day, they had found bloodstains in a bedroom in the house.
The police then discovered the severed heads.
The Star Online reported that the man and his wife had argued about family matters, which ended with him stabbing her with a kitchen knife. Afterward he removed her head with a machete.
He also reportedly killed her son as he had seen the Singaporean man kill his mother. The woman has three other children from a previous relationship, the youngest of whom was allegedly riding in the car with the man as he got rid of his wife and stepson’s remains.
The hands of the mother and son are still missing./ TISG
Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to email@example.com