Home News Featured News Former presidential candidate Tan Kin Lian polls S’poreans: Who will be a...

Former presidential candidate Tan Kin Lian polls S’poreans: Who will be a better prime minister?

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Former presidential candidate Tan Kin Lian took to Facebook earlier today to poll his Facebook friends and Singaporeans as to their thoughts on who would make a better Prime Minister. His poll comes just as the chosen leader of Singapore’s fourth-generation team, and the man likely to be the next prime is set to be named as the party’s first assistant secretary-general tonight.

According to local media reports, the People’s Action Party (PAP) is said to likely name Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat as the next Prime Minister (PM) and successor of PM Lee Hsien Loong.

Reports have also said that Trade and Industry Minister Chan Chun Sing, 49, will serve as second assistant secretary-general, with Health Minister Gan Kim Yong, 59, the party chairman.

https://www.facebook.com/kinlian/posts/2324008921005080?__xts__[0]=68.ARCpe18o-wILv3thj6YneCwhocrjnF7dhW-rdK_lAPvNpZMq7cHhzCHjyph4ZBxuC5I-b7_TZWRwtz1DsaZNgLb901MmE74PZILjIl1TDGE-brMPWscI_49CcEDq33FcBReoAo32F4lvccdQGrJZiVfNfzVbHaI-lzOOpQCR01jqUFYqKElD28NEMmQ5H7S6D-7vxZ5nZnpY86vqWaL8EGR4GNSAZZsyGI6rjBrRNbAT6Ma5Rum-lJR8I6qZ3Jf1e0BnewpI9sWN_SP_zYerslbzltSCN-F1zkextLtw-DncCAX1l67SEZ4Lc7CWJVlFTwVyMIatK7k1cYcemFF_t3qkFydFzxMsRg&__tn__=-R

- Advertisement -

In his Facebook post, Mr Tan asked, “Who will be a better prime minister?”, with netizens choosing between either ‘Heng SK’ and ‘Chan CS’.

According to the 325 who voted, 88 per cent voted for Mr Heng, and the remaining 12 per cent supporting Mr Chan.

However, many of those who commented said “None of the above”, with some saying Secretary-General of SDP Chee Soon Juan should be PM, and others going so far as to nominate Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau.

TISG reached out to Mr Tan as to who his pick for PM is, but he declined to comment.

https://theindependent.sg.sg/just-in-heng-swee-keat-likely-singapores-next-pm/

________________________________________________________________________

obbana@theindependent.sg

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

First two out of group of ang mohs and foreigners fined over yacht party near Lazarus Island

A group of men and women were seen flouting safe-distancing measures while on a yacht at Lazarus Island on Dec 26 last year. The first two members of the group to face the court — Singapore permanent resident Mark Lau San...

Minor injuries for driver after SUV flips over on SLE

Singapore—A white sport utility vehicle (SUV) turned turtle on the Seletar Expressway (SLE) before the Woodlands Avenue 12 exit on Monday morning (March 1). One man sustained minor injuries in the incident. However, he refused an offer from the Singapore Civil Defence Force...

Monitor lizard eats python whole in Ulu Pandan canal, throws up and burps

Singapore – A monitor lizard was spotted eating a large python in Ulu Pandan canal. Passers-by watched, snapped pictures and pressed the video button, but guess who threw up his lunch? The lizard. The python proved too much to swallow. "Python hunted...

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent