Home News Another mass case of with 39 ill, sees two businesses...

Another mass case of food poisoning with 39 ill, sees two businesses suspended

The two incidents happened on August 31 and September 2, after those affected ate the food prepared by Mum’s Kitchen Catering and Cherish Delights

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

According to a joint statement released by the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) and the Ministry of Health (), two food catering businesses – Mum’s Kitchen Catering Pte Ltd and Cherish Delights Pte Ltd. have been suspended following a mass case of . Some 39 people have fallen ill from consuming their food.

The two incidents happened on August 31 and September 2, after those affected ate the food prepared by Mum’s Kitchen Catering and Cherish Delights.

The companies’ licenses were suspended on Tuesday and yesterday (September 11) respectively to prevent more people from coming down with gastroenteritis, which could lead to vomiting or diarrhoea.

The SFA statement revealed that three people needed hospitalisation, of whom two have been discharged. The remaining person is in stable condition.

- Advertisement -

While and SFA, did not reveal the types of dishes that were prepared by the two caterers they shared that the kitchens of the two companies are located next to each other, in the same building.

The joint statement also read, “All food handlers working in the suspended premises are required to re-attend and pass the Basic Food Hygiene Course, before they can resume work as food handlers. The appointed Food Hygiene Officer(s) working at the suspended premises are also required to re-attend and pass the Food Hygiene Officer course before he/she can resume work as a Food Hygiene Officer. The suspended premises are also required to clean and sanitise the premises, including equipment and utensils”.

Last year, After eating bento boxes prepared by Spize at the Deepavali celebrations on November 6, an initial 49 people fell ill with gastroenteritis, which is the inflammation of the stomach and intestines, typically resulting from bacterial toxins or viral infection and causing vomiting and diarrhoea.

In the days that followed, the Ministry of Health (MOH) reported that the number of affected persons had risen to 72 in total.

- Advertisement -

On Wednesday, November 14, 38-year-old Faldi Salleh, who had been in critical condition in the intensive care unit of Sengkang General Hospital, was pronounced dead. /TISG

Read related: Delay in eating food from Spize may have contributed to man’s death : MOH report

 Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

Woman’s neighbours install a fan outside their flat to extinguish small prayer flame she lit in the corridor

Singapore -- In another incident revealing a lack of religious tolerance, a woman’s neighbours have installed a fan outside their gate in an attempt to extinguish the prayer flame she lights in a tiny urn outside her own flat. In a 30-second-long...

Another ‘Badge Lady’? Maskless woman asks doctor for his ID when he asks her to wear a mask

Singapore -- A woman refusing to wear a mask at a condominium shouted at and abused a doctor who asked her to put one on. In a video circulated on Sunday (June 13) on WhatsApp Messenger, a maskless woman who was walking...

S’porean wakes up to flooded home on multiple occasions thanks to cat leaving tap running

Singapore – A Singaporean man has woken up to find his home flooded twice after his pet cat left the water running. While cats typically dislike water, it appears that the Russian Blues in a particular household in Singapore wish to turn...
Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent