A man who died after eating food from a popular restaurant Spize had consumed it over three hours after its delivery.
According to a report from a Ministry of Health (MOH) spokesperson in court, the delay may have contributed to Mr Mohamad Fadli Mohd Saleh’s death on November 14 last year.
The bento boxes were sent to the Kaki Bukit office of security company Brink’s Singapore at 11.33am on November 6 last year with an invoice that stated the food had to be consumed within an hour of delivery.
The invoice also stated that Spize would not be liable for the health of those who consumed the food beyond the recommended time.
Reports say Mr Fadli, 38, a Sats officer, ate the food after 2.53pm.
There were six other food poisoning incidents linked to the Spize River Valley outlet between November 6 and 9 last year.
Out of the 221 people who consumed food prepared there during this period, 82 reported falling ill.
Mr Fadli, a father of two, died of sepsis and multiple organ failure on Nov 14 last year after acute gastroenteritis hit him.
A joint inspection of the eatery on November 14 that year by the National Environment Agency (NEA), MOH and the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore revealed lapses that included seven unregistered food handlers and preparing of food outside the licensed kitchen area.
State Coroner Kamala Ponnampalam will issue her findings of the case on August 23. /TISGFollow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to email@example.com