The Police said that two men were arrested on 14 Aug for fighting near Plaza Singapura over a Pokemon Go game. In a statement the Police said that the men were aged 28 and 33, and that it was the first arrest case in Singapore related to the game.
Police said that their preliminary investigations revealed that the two men exchanged blows after one of them who was driving his car sounded the horn at the other who was crossing the road. The man who was crossing the road at the car park entrance of Plaza Singapura was playing Pokemon Go on his mobile phone while doing so. The Police arrested both men after they received a phone call about the dispute.
Both men could go to jail for up to one year, or face a fine of S$5,000, or both for the offence of Affray under Section 267B of the Penal Code, Chapter 224.
Police are advising Pokemon Go players to enjoy the game safely and urge them to:
• Be aware of your personal safety when out looking for Pokémon. You should play in pairs or as a group to ensure your personal safety.
• Watch where you are walking, be aware of your surroundings and do not walk out onto roads without looking.
• Do not play the game and drive any vehicle or ride any personal mobility device at the same time. You cannot do both safely.
• Do not trespass onto restricted areas and private properties. Do not take pictures of restricted areas.
• Be aware that you are potentially sharing data with others; there could be potential criminals who may seek the opportunity to lure victims to their fake “Pokéstops”.
• Educate your children to stranger-danger at Pokéstops.
• Never reveal your personal information and watch out for fake apps or cheat tools. Cyber criminals can access your personal data to commit fraud or hack into your phone with viruses and malware
“In your search to ‘catch ‘em all’, please do not endanger your life or personal safety, or cause inconvenience to those around you,” the police added.Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to firstname.lastname@example.org