- Advertisement -
This following is a brief of what we now know about the explosions and multiple gunfires at downtown Jakarta.
- At least 7 people (including 4 attackers) have been killed in the multiple explosions and multiple gunfires which have rocked downtown Jakarta.
- The first blast happened at around 10.30am (Indonesian time) near the crossroads of Thamrin Road and Wahid Haysim Street.
- One of the multiple explosions happened near United Nations headquarters on Thamrin Road.
- 3 suicide bombers exploded themselves in a Starbucks cafe. Starbucks announces the closure of all its cafe in Jakarta.
- There were at least 14 gunmen involved in the terror attacks. Some were on motorbikes, hurling grenades.
- Six terror suspects are reportedly holed-up inside the Skyline building on Thamrin Road.
Tanks have been deployed in that area.
- Unconfirmed local media reports say that there were 3 other explosions in Cikni, Silpi and Kuningan neighborhoods, near the Turkish and Pakistani embassies.
- “The state, nation and people should not be afraid of, and lose to, such terror acts,” Indonesian President condemns the attacks.
- Singapore Government condemns explosions and expresses condolences to the families of the victims.
- Singapore Embassy in Jakarta is contacting registered Singaporeans in the city to ascertain their safety. We support the Indonesian Government in its efforts to bring those responsible to justice,” said Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The head of Indonesia’s intelligence agency said that there were no indications that Islamic State militants were behind a gun and bomb attack in the Indonesian capital.
picture: Edward Rees