International Asia Removing and replacing Jacqueline Wong from drama to cost TVB S$1.7 million

Removing and replacing Jacqueline Wong from drama to cost TVB S$1.7 million

In the wake of the scandal involving Ms Wong, TVB would have to re-shoot more than 50 scenes, re-do a week-long location shoot in Taiwan, and spend over HK$10 million (S$1.73 million), according to Forensic's executive producer Mui Siu Ching

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Hong Kong – TVB staff are going to be putting in extra hours and much cash to remove and replace Jacqueline Wong from the scenes in Forensic Heroes IV.

Due to the scandal that surfaced involving TVB actress Jacqueline Wong and Andy Hui, the former’s career is currently at a standstill.

Online news source 8 Days reported that the actress’ scenes in her upcoming drama would have to “undergo major reshoots” after filming had already been wrapped up.

There was no such thing as a Labour Day break when TVB announced the news on May 1.

- Advertisement -

TVB, who is in contract with Chinese broadcasters, had little say on the matter. Not only would the drama air in China and Hong Kong, but Chinese authorities are not easily forgiving toward stars mixed up in scandals and affairs, reported 8 Days.

Pushing through with the current cast would lower the chances of getting the drama approved for telecast on Chinese television.

It would have been easy if Jacqueline was not one of Forensic’s leads. Now, TVB would have to reshoot more than 50 scenes, re-do a week-long location shoot in Taiwan, and spend over HK$10 million (S$1.73 million), according to Forensic’s executive producer Mui Siu Ching.

Mui shared that the production team played with the possibility of digitally altering Jacqueline’s face, as suggested by their Chinese investors, but trashed the idea for ethical purposes.

Luckily, Jacqueline’s co-stars Raymond Wong, Selena Lee, and Shaun Tam were willing and available to reshoot the scenes. Selena, who is no longer affiliated with the company, agreed to reshoot the scenes outside a contract because she wishes their efforts and hard work to get aired on TV.

In the meantime, no word has been released on Jacqueline’s replacement although shooting is expected to start in June and would last for two weeks.

Read related: Jacqueline Wong, “emotionally unstable,” allegedly had close relationships with two other men, says neighbour

Read related: Sammi Cheng’s forgiveness of Andy Hui turn fans’ attention to scorned wives’ limited recourse

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

Man attacks teen, calls him a virus, damages his phone

Singapore—A sudden attack took a teen by surprise when one man started yelling at him, physically harming him, and throwing his phone into a nearby drain at around 10.30pm on Tuesday (Feb 23) on a section of the road near the...

3 migrant workers die after 10 injured in Tuas industrial building blast

Singapore – Three of the 10 workers injured in an explosion at an industrial building in Tuas on Wednesday (Feb 24) died on Thursday. The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) responded to a fire at No. 32E Tuas Avenue 11 at around...

Film producer says Myanmar maid called her family, wanting to go home, two weeks before she died

A video producer who visited the family of Piang Ngaih Don, the Myanmar maid beaten and starved to death by her employers in 2016, says Ms Piang somehow managed to call her family just two weeks before she died. She told...

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent