A netizen has shared a stomach-churning video of hundreds of maggots infesting sealed packets of dried red beans. Taking to Facebook yesterday, the netizen Mag Chiew revealed that the red bean packets had only been delivered to her that same day and that she was shocked to see that the packets were contaminated with larvae:
Unbelievable!!! I’ve just got my delivery today and the red bean that I ordered is been contaminated with larva ???
Posted by Magchiew Mag Chiew on Tuesday, 10 April 2018
Chiew had shared the video directly to NTUC Fairprice’s Facebook page and the supermarket chain replied to her within the day and asked her to send them her order invoice number, informing her that they would look into the matter.
Interestingly, Chiew claimed that she had tried to contact NTUC Fairprice via email but said that the chain did not respond to her, indicating that this was what prompted her to share the video publicly:
This is not the first time customers who have bought dried food packets have discovered such creepy crawlies in the products they have purchased from local supermarkets:
https://theindependent.sg.sg/live-maggots-found-in-muesli-packet-from-cold-storage/Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to email@example.comNo tags for this post.