A man who claims that he is married to a Singaporean woman has given several stereotypical answers to the question ‘How is it like marrying a Singaporean girl?’ on Quora. Quora is a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.
The anonymous man’s answer got the most ‘upvotes’ and has been viewed over 2,300 times. In answering the question, the man said:
“I marry a Singaporean (Chinese) girl so I believe i qualify to answer this question. This is from my own experience.
1) They are independent, career minded – due to equal opportunity environment in Singapore
2) They are strongly opinionated and complain a lot – due to efficiency of complaint handling culture in Singapore.
3) They insist they are right, and want you to admit that you are wrong. They compromise little.
4) They won’t take your surname. Have only seen a few that does so, and all of them married white guys.
5) You will feel like you are marrying a guy partner, rather than a lady partner.
6) From my experience, many do not want children. Those who want are the religious type.
7) You can expect nothing from them, but they would expect the world from you.”Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to firstname.lastname@example.org