Home News Man who was knocked unconscious by teens at Hillview MRT station lodge...

Man who was knocked unconscious by teens at Hillview MRT station lodge police report

Follow us on Instagram and Telegram
- Advertisement -

A man who was knocked unconscious by a couple of teenagers has lodged a police report against them. The man, Joe Basara, said that the incident happened at the Hillview MRT station on 26 Dec between 8.30pm to 8.45pm, just as he was about to board the train.

He said the teens were probably racing with each other when they collided into him, knocking him unconscious. Joe was unconscious on the ground for about 30 seconds before he was carried to a recovery room by an MRT staff.

Joe said that he had no recollection of the collision and that his girlfriend had to be called to the MRT station to accompany him to the hospital.He said that his face was bruised and swollen and there was a bump on his head from the knock with the boys.

He lodged a police report because he wanted the teenagers to be responsible for their actions.

The MRT station’s control room however failed to log the incident.  It failed to do so because an ambulance was not called to attend to the injured man.

Just in case you can’t see Joe’s post, this is what he said.

On boxing day evening, as i was heading home, just about to board the train, i was knocked out unconscious by one of two teens who were running / racing on the platform.

My only memory was:
– when i was about to board the train
– me lying on the ground dazed
– me sitting on a chair in a room slowly recovering from my daze and being briefed by the MRT staff on what had happened

From what i gathered and remembered, there was only one train arriving, and it was heading to Chinatown.

The boys supposedly ran out of that train (supposedly racing each other), and one of them collided with me.

We both fell. The boy got up and he and his friend ran back into the train, leaving me lying unconscious on the ground.

I think i was unconscious before i hit the ground, supposedly due to an impact to my lower left jaw / cheek. MRT staff said i was unconscious on the ground for 30s.

MRT staff carried me off to a room. I have no recollection of the collision. My face is bruised swollen and i have a bump on my head. I suffered from some memory loss. Somehow i managed to give my gf’s contact to the staff, although i have no recollection of that either. My gf arrived and accompanied me to the hospital.

I will be pressing charges because

1. I want to find out who my hit and run assailants are.

2. I do not want anyone to think they can irresponsibly run away after causing hurt regardless of intention. If a fragile elderly got hit it could have been fatal.

3. I have important appointments this week and their actions really brought me great inconvenience.

4. I want their parents and their schools to be informed of their actions so they can be educated.

Incident happened at Hill View station. Between 8.30pm to 8.45pm. Anyone with information is welcomed to contact me. I am aware that there is a CCTV recording, and a Chinese lady eye witness, but no one took down her identity.

Update 27 Dec:
I am discharged with ‘minor head injury’ status, a bump on the right side of my head, swollen lower left cheek, and the left side of my neck has strain supposedly from the whiplash of my fall.

Update 28 Dec:
I filed a police report.

When the police contacted Hill View station, the staff said the footage was not logged.

The officer explained it was probably because no ambulance was called to the scene so the staff did not log the footage.

I have called Hill View station to request for them to log the footage for police retrieval. They got back to me to assure that the footage will not be deleted.

Investigation officer initially responded to it as a non-offence case, because there was no malicious intention involved, but my brother gave an example of a young kid throwing a flower pot down a HDB flat, and the officer said that was considered an offence. I also suggested it was considered reckless behaviour endangering public safety (under penal code chapter 224 article 337).

Investigation officer subsequently concluded it was a criminal offence. Identities of the boys will be withheld if they are minors.

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -
Follow us on Instagram and Telegram

Follow us on Instagram and Telegram

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg