The following is an extract from an email Facebook user Bernard Harrison received from Madame Prema’s daughter (the Indian lady who has befriended Chippy, the long tailed macaque in Normanton Park) to him.
I find how they are being treated as utterly deplorable and a total disgrace to Singapore society.
Residents in Normanton Park shouting abuse at my parents. This latter part has been going on for 6 months;
• Pushing and shoving mum to the ground from stopping man from throwing rocks at Chippy. I was witness and called police. Police report exists of incident.
• Clenching fist at mums face whilst screaming at her for feeding birds. I was witness to this.
• Kicking Chippy whilst screaming at mum and gesticulating at mums face.
• Joggers setting dogs on Chippy and mum.
• Calling mum in park , ” Si , Si…Chow Char Bor”
• You and that monkey are vermin old lady. The day you die will bring peace to the park
• Stupid f@@@ing bitch
• Prosecute ..you must. Be jailed for your defiance
Perhaps mum should have joined Chippy at biting some of these horrid people!
Mum and our family are not mad. We are livid!
It took me and my dad a lot of self control not to punch some of these violent psychopaths who think it’s normal behaviour to scream, shout loudly near mums face, wave baseball bats, sticks, throw rocks, spit at her and physically abuse and molest her as normal behaviour.
Why isn’t the press reporting this i.e. My mum enduring all this for Chippy?
NParks and AVA know this.
All this because an elderly woman wanted to help an orphan monkey.
To say our family is in the depths of despair is understating how we truly feel.
Republished from Bernard Harrison’s Facebook. Bernard Harrison is the author of the article, ‘Chippy the macaque which has sparked discussions on national interest‘, which was published by us on 6 Jul 2016.