A family is seeking help after their sole breadwinner, the father, suffered bad burns on 80 per cent of his body after a Personal Mobility Device (PMD) blew up in a room he was in.
The man, a father of six between the ages of 15 and two, was in a room at his mother’s house when an e-scooter that had been left in the room suddenly exploded. The man, who was trapped in the room, was engulfed in flames.
He miraculously survived the incident but was left with terrible burns all over his body, leaving him unable to work. His wife, a homemaker, is now struggling to care for her six children and her husband – who need meticulous care so that he will not suffer further infections that could lead to other complications or even death.
Facebook user Callistar Dynara, who is familiar with the family, has appealed for donations for the family on social media. Revealing that the family has no income, Dynara shared that the family is in desperate need for someone to provide MEPILEX 17.5cm by 17.5cm, 6-inch sterile crepe and 4-inch sterile crepe bandage for the man’s wound dressings.
The family also needs basic provisions like Dugro Step 3 Growing Up Milk, children’s diapers (Drypers, Size XXXL), cash for food and daily necessities as well as transportation fees for their regular commute to and from hospital.
Dynara shared that the family is still waiting for the Social Service Office (SSO) to renew their financial assistance arrangement and need all the help they can get until their situation becomes more stable.
Those who are willing to help can contact Dynara via direct message or visit a collection point at Chai Chee to make donations. Read Dynara’s post in full HERE.
Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to firstname.lastname@example.org