Home News Electric Scooter bursts into flames after being left to charge overnight

Electric Scooter bursts into flames after being left to charge overnight

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Three people fled their apartment after an electric scooter caught fire after allegedly being left to charge overnight. The incident occurred yesterday at 3.50am at a 10th-floor apartment in Block 230, Choa Chu Kang Central 1.

A woman who lives in the unit told the Chinese daily that she was sleeping when she heard a loud explosion before she noticed a burning smell from one of the rooms. When she investigated, she realised that the battery charger of the e-scooter inside was on fire.

Singapore Civil Defense Force (SCDF) officers who responded to the fire had to forcibly enter the apartment and put out the fire which was started by a portable battery charger attached to the e-scooter. No one was injured.

The SCDF has previously reported that “there were 32 incidents of fire involving the batteries of electric bicycles from 2008 – 2015, about 90.6% of the fires occurring in the last 4 years. 50.0% of the fires occurred while the batteries were being charged while 31.3% of the fires occurred when the electric bicycles were stationary and not in use.”

Please follow and like us:
Tweet
Share
No tags for this post.
- Advertisement -

PAP’s Edward Chia: Wage increases without corresponding skills puts workers at a higher risk

Singapore—Edward Chia, one of the newly-minted MPs from the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP), has been the target of criticism lately concerning the minimum wage issue. At one point in the debate in Parliament on Oct 15 concerning the issue, Mr Chia...

After Goh Jin Hian’s resignation, New Silkroutes appoints Darrell Lim as acting chairman

Singapore -- In the latest development concerning the New Silkroutes Group, the healthcare provider announced on Tuesday night (Oct 20) that it had appointed Mr Darrell Lim Chee Lek as acting independent non-executive chairman of the board with effect from the...

DJ Jade Rasif warns mums after sugar baby ad appeared while she was watching a YouTube video with her niece

Singapore—Popular DJ and former actress Jade Rasif was shocked when an ad for a sugar baby site popped up while she was watching a video on YouTube with her young niece. Ms Rasif who is now the mother of a toddler, said...
Please follow and like us:
Tweet
Share
No tags for this post.
close

Like and follow us

Follow Me
Tweet