Facebook user Richard Ng Yew Mun shared a video and several pictures of his cat rescue from the 21st storey parapet of a HDB flat. he said that he rushed all the way to Teban Gardens when he got the call and was shocked to see the windows wide open without grills or wire-mesh to keep the cat in the apartment.
“I looked outside the area where they hang clothes and see the poor baby so scared and huddled in the corner,” he described the situation.
The good samaritan also had to risk his own limb in trying to rescue the cat as he had to lean out after getting on a chair as his rescue net was not long enough.
The video also showed some tense moments when the cat looked as if it would run away from the net, but Richard coaxed the cat back into the safety of its owner’s apartment.
Richard also had some choice words for the cat owner who did not know where to get a wire mesh and also asked for a discount from the professional animal rescuer.
Follow us on Social Media
Send in your scoops to firstname.lastname@example.org