International Boiling car kills 3-month-old baby after mom forgets to drop him off...

Boiling car kills 3-month-old baby after mom forgets to drop him off at daycare before going to work

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

A three-month-old toddler in Indiana has died after he was allegedly left in a boiling car. His mother had forgotten to drop him off at his infant-care when she went to work. The father of the baby in speaking to the media said that he was sharing the tragic story to ensure “another child’s life will not be lost.”

The grief-stricken father of the child, Aaron Turner, said the child’s mother was supposed to drop off their two children at daycare. While she dropped their two-year-old daughter to daycare, three month old Aiden didn’t make it to his nursery.

His mother only discovered her tragic mistake at about 4.30pm on July 23. Aaron in describing the sad moment when his ex-wife discovered the baby said: “She said she opened the car door and was like, ‘What is that smell?’ and she noticed Aiden was still in the back seat.”  Aiden was rushed to hospital but he was pronounced dead.

Aaron said, “I still don’t understand how that happened. Obviously it happens. It just happened in my family. It doesn’t get any closer to home than this. It is inexcusable for any kid to have to go through and for parents to have to lose a child like this.”

- Advertisement -

He added: “My heart is broken. My biggest hope is in sharing this story, another child’s life will not be lost.”

The New Albany Police Department Criminal Investigations Division is investigating the toddler’s death and no arrests have been made. Aiden is the latest child to die after being trapped in a hot car. His death marks the 29th person in the U.S. to die inside of a locked car in 2018 — an unfortunate trend that typically occurs during the hot summer months.Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

Upper Serangoon condo residents losing sleep over 4 fridge-related fires in 2 months 

Singapore—There have been seven fridge-related fires at Riversails Condominium in the past three years, causing much alarm to its residents. Four of the incidents occurred just in the last two months -- the latest in a sixth-floor unit where a fridge caught...

Post goes viral of man who wants to extend hospital stay as nobody cares for him at home

Singapore — A netizen has urged readers on Facebook to take care of their parents while they are still alive, after overhearing an elderly man in a hospital ask to stay longer since, he said, no one took care of him...

Praise for student who eats lunch discreetly out of respect for Muslim friends fasting

Singapore - A student has garnered praise for his sensitivity towards his Muslim friends fasting for Ramadan by eating his lunch discreetly. Syafiq Izwan Kassim, a teacher in Malaysia, took to Facebook on Wednesday (Apr 14) to share an experience with one...
Follow us on Social Media

Send in your scoops to news@theindependent.sg 

Theindependent