Home News 50-year-old Singapore man arrested after allegedly murdering his wife and fleeing to...

50-year-old Singapore man arrested after allegedly murdering his wife and fleeing to Malaysia




- Advertisement -

A 50-year-old man was arrested as a suspect in a murder case after a 44-year-old woman was found motionless in the bedroom of his Loyang Gardens condominium at 53B Jalan Loyang Besar around noon.

The woman, believed to be the suspect’s wife, was later pronounced dead by paramedics.

Local news stream TheRedDotNews has alleged that the suspect is named Krishnan Raju and that his late wife is Mdm Raithena Vaithena Samy, 44. The stream also reported that neighbours frequently heard the husband and wife quarelling at home.

Neighbours reportedly alleged that “the frequent quarrels started two years ago. It was often the victim shouting at her husband and the fights happened almost on schedule, every morning and night.”

- Advertisement -

The stream also alleged that Krishna Raju fled to Malaysia after the suspected murder, successfully entering via the Causeway. He supposedly had a changed of heart later and returned to Singapore where he surrendered himself to the police.

He was reportedly arrested at Woodlands Checkpoint.


Police investigations are ongoing.

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg 

- Advertisement -

National reserves: Whatever their strategic value, Singaporeans have right to know how they are managed

  The ruling People’s Action Party is weaponising knowledge of the exact amount of Singapore’s national reserves as a way of helping it stay in power. That’s unacceptable. It does not have such an in perpetuity right. One of the debates in...

Jolin Tsai’s perky butt got the internet abuzz

Taipei -- Mandopop diva Jolin Tsai isn't shy of flaunting her figure in all kinds of sexy and revealing outfits and her fans are just lapping it up. The 40-year-old singer uploaded a couple of photos from her trip to Yangmingshan...

Man attacks teen, calls him a virus, damages his phone

Singapore—A sudden attack took a teen by surprise when one man started yelling at him, physically harming him, and throwing his phone into a nearby drain at around 10.30pm on Tuesday (Feb 23) on a section of the road near the...

Send in your scoop to news@theindependent.sg