Home News 29-year-old killed in first F1-related death involving member of public in Singapore

29-year-old killed in first F1-related death involving member of public in Singapore

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

29-year-old Ng Phing Keen died yesterday after he allegedly lost control of his car which crashed into a concrete Formula One racing barrier along Raffles Boulevard near Marina Square.

Ng was found unconscious and trapped in his totaled Honda Civic which was lodged into the barrier. He was extricated from his car by Singapore Civil Defence Force officers using hydraulic tools, but unfortunately succumbed to fatal injuries after being conveyed to the hospital in critical condition.

The car accessories business owner was set to participate as a member of F1’s hospitality team at the event this year, as he had for the past three races. F1 organiser Singapore GP said that Ng was not on duty at the time of the crash and that he had been scheduled to work at the event for two weeks next month.

Ng’s brother told the Chinese daily that the exact cause of Ng’s death is unknown. The brother also told reporters at Ng’s wake that Ng was “a joyful and happy-go-lucky person.”

- Advertisement -

A car enthusiast, Ng had just raced first time on a track in Melaka late last month, according to his Facebook page which has now been flooded with posts and tributes by friends and family.

 

 

Please follow and like us:
Tweet
Share
No tags for this post.
- Advertisement -

Biden will be nicer to China than Trump

Joseph Biden, the presumptive next US President, will be friendlier to than US President , judging by Biden’s statements and cabinet selections. Biden’s more harmonious posture towards China will please leaders of various Asian countries including Singapore Prime Minister...

K Shanmugam: In Singapore, the right to speak freely goes with the duty to act responsibly

Singapore—Speaking at the 16th Religious Rehabilitation Group Seminar at Khadijah Mosque on Monday (Nov 24), K Shanmugam, the Minister for Law and Home Affairs, said that the threat of terrorism has not gone away though its “shape and nature” have changed. Citing...

Parliament receives 61 NMP proposal forms from the general public, groups

The Office of the Clerk of Parliament said yesterday (24 Nov) that Parliament has received 61 Nominated Member of Parliament (NMP) proposal forms. This is higher than the 48, 41 and 36 proposal forms that Parliament received in 2018, 2016 and...
Please follow and like us:
Tweet
Share
No tags for this post.
Follow Me
Tweet