1. President Yusof Ishak: First president of independent Singapore.
2. President Benjamin Sheares: First President to die in Office.
3. President Devan Nair: First President to resign from Office to get treatment for ‘alcoholism’.
4. Wee Kim Wee: first elected president for whom an election was inapplicable.
5. Ong Teng Cheong: first elected president winning an actual election.
6. S R Nathan: first elected president for whom an election was applicable but dispensed with due to a walkover.
7. Tony Tan: first elected president winning an election without absolute majority votes.
8. Next president: first elected president “elected” via the disqualification of majority-race candidates?
The following post is republished from Molly Meek’s Facebook. Contributors: Molly Meek and Ravi Philemon.