Raging fire engulfs noodle stall at Yuhua Village Market, affecting 9 other stalls nearby

1710

A noodle stall went up in flames at Yuhua Village Market & Food Centre on Tuesday evening this week, due to a blaze that has been linked to the exhaust duct of one of 10 affected stalls that have since been closed down for repair works.

One man in his 30s was conveyed to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital after he sustained cuts on his right hand, during the fire that officers from the Singapore Civil Defense Force (SCDF) eventually put out using two water jets.

Stall On Fire ???? ???? ???? Eng Kee Noodles House ????????????#01-10 at Yuhua Village Market & Food CentreJurong East, Singaporeon 26 September 2017 about @1950hrs.????????????… ????????????

Posted by RaJa BerSiong Merong Mahawangsa on Tuesday, 26 September 2017

A spokesman from Jurong-Clementi Town Council told reporters that the fire had damaged the exhaust fan, metal roof and fittings of the 10 affected stalls – stalls 01-07 to 01-16 – which are due to be fully repaired today, following safety inspections that were conducted by gas suppliers and electricians.

Meanwhile, another fire broke out at a McDonald’s outlet at Bedok North St 3 the very next day, on Wednesday evening. While no one was injured, the police have classified this fire – which was started in the outlet’s washroom – as a case of mischief.

The SCDF sent two fire engines and a red rhino to control the blaze, along with an ambulance. Rescue officers eventually put out the flames with a dry powder extinguisher.