Asia Malaysia PKR youth chief involved in viral sex video scandal sacked by Malaysian...

PKR youth chief involved in viral sex video scandal sacked by Malaysian ministry

The Ministry said it had proceeded to terminate Mr Haziq’s contract of service as of June 18, 2019

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Petaling Jaya — Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz, the man in the middle of the sex video scandal that has rocked Malaysia in the past few weeks, has been fired from his position as senior private secretary to the Deputy Primary Industries Minister.

This was announced on June 20, Thursday, although the Ministry said it had proceeded to terminate Mr Haziq’s contract of service as of June 18, 2019.

According to the Ministry, it took Mr Haziq’s “sordid” admission concerning the videos that involved one of the country’s ministers very seriously indeed.

“Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz had posted an unethical video clip confession on social media on June 2019. The Ministry views this as a very serious violation of its values, ethics and the Code of Conduct, Public Officers Regulations.

The Ministry wishes to categorically assert that it will never tolerate any such scandalous behaviour amongst any of its staff member that brings the Ministry into disrepute and odium.

With this, the Ministry completely disassociates itself from Haziq Abdullah.”

Mr Haziq has served as the private secretary to Datuk Seri Shamsul Iskandar Md Akin, who announced on June 13 that Mr Haziq had been suspended from his duties at the Ministry.

- Advertisement -

On the previous day, June 12, Mr Haziq admitted to being one of the men in the viral sex video, and had alleged that the other party in the video was Datuk Seri Azmin Ali, who is the country’s Economic Affairs Minister.

Mr Azmin has since denied being involved with the video in any way, and has said it is part of a devious plot to damage his career.

The statement from the Ministry added that a show cause letter had been given to Mr Haziq, to which he had already replied.

The disciplinary board of the Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) said on Wednesday, June 19, that it was also sending a show-cause letter to Mr Haziq, the Santubong youth chief because he had tarnished the party’s reputation due to his public statement of admission concerning the sex video.

Mr Haziq has 14 days to answer this letter.

Meanwhile, when asked about the matter, Mr Ali, PKR’s deputy president, told the press at the Prime Minister’s Dep­artment Hari Raya open house on June 20 that his feelings do not matter.

“The decision has been made by the party. But it is not about me or whether I am happy. You can figure out the perception of the public.”

The Malay Mail recently quoted the Economic Affairs Minister as saying that he was the one who had proposed to PKR that Mr Haziq be fired from his position at the Primary Industries Ministry after it was discovered that Mr Haziq had been campaigning for Barisan Nasional in last year’s General Election.

When he was asked by media why Mr Haziq had not been fired back then, he said, “I cannot disagree with you,” he said when asked why Haziq was not sacked when found to be helping Barisan.

Yes. That is a basic logic, been asked by many,” the Economic Affairs minister added. -/TISG

Read related: Malaysian minister says gay sex video is character assassination

- Advertisement -
72,000FansLike
1,000FollowersFollow
4,000FollowersFollow
1,000SubscribersSubscribe