Home News Netizens claim alleged taxi fare cheat is senior manager at a local...

Netizens claim alleged taxi fare cheat is senior manager at a local branch of Swiss private bank




- Advertisement -

Netizens are claiming that the woman who allegedly cheated a cabbie of the taxi-fare is an employee of a a Swiss private banking group.

David Phang shared in his Facebook that a woman took a taxi from Clifford Centre to a condominium in Tanjong Rhu, but left without paying. The passenger refused to pay claiming that the driver took long route and that she wanted to lodge a complaint against him. In the video that was shared, the woman in question can be heard speaking in heavily accented English.

David said that the woman tried to run away after the dispute, and that when the cabbie asked the security guard at the condominium about her, he told her that the passenger does not live there.

David said that he also checked with the taxi-company and understand that no complaint was lodged. This he thinks confirms that the woman was just trying to hitch a free ride. He said that the Police will not take any action on the dispute unless they have suspicion that she is a serial fare cheater.

David said that he was sharing the pictures and video both to shame the passenger as well as to warn other cabbies about the passenger. David’s post has gone viral with over 4,000 shares.

There is considerable outrage in social media that the woman had cheated the cabbie. Several who commented on David’s post said that if there was a dispute, she should have still paid and lodge a complaint to the taxi company. Many commenters who responded to David’s post said that they had contacted the Swiss private bank about the conduct of its senior manager.

TISG called the bank at about 3pm today (25 Oct) to ascertain if the woman in question is indeed an employee of the bank. The call was received by a woman and when we identified who we were and asked to speak to Ms Payal Devgan, the receiver said ‘hello…hello’ and hung up the phone. When we tried calling again several times, the call went to an answering machine.

- Advertisement -