Lifestyle Food Employee at Pontian Hougang allegedly picks up fallen dumplings on floor and...

Employee at Pontian Hougang allegedly picks up fallen dumplings on floor and puts them back

According to the post, an employee of “Chinese nationality dropped some dumplings on the floor, picked them up, and placed them back into the Tupperware box together with the rest”

Author

Date

Category

- Advertisement -

Singapore –  A member of the public witnessed an “irresponsible hawker” employee who dropped some dumplings on the floor and placed them back with the others. When the witness tried to call out the employee for her actions, he got a scolding.

On July 17 (Wednesday), Facebook user Neb Mil SE posted a scene he encountered from a “Friends by Pontian” outlet at Block 682 Hougang Coffeeshop.

“Please help to share to let your friends and relatives avoid patronising this irresponsible hawker at Blk 682 Hougang Coffeeshop,” wrote Neb Mil SE.

According to the post, an employee of “Chinese nationality dropped some dumplings on the floor, picked them up, and placed them back into the Tupperware box together with the rest.”

- Advertisement -

The member of the public tried to “reprimand” the employee for her actions, “but she denied that she would dispose (of the dumplings), taking me as a kid!” shared Neb Mil SE.

The employee allegedly replied with, “Who the hell will dispose of the full box of dumplings just because of a few dirtied ones?”

Neb Mil SE tried once more to get the lady to dispose of the contents of the container while he watched as proof.

“She started shouting at me that it is none of my business, claiming that she will dispose of (the dumplings) when she is free,” wrote Neb Mil SE. He added that the employee told him he could stay and supervise if he wished.

“Such irresponsible id**t might cause food poisoning if not punished!” added the concerned citizen.

In an update via a comment on the post, Neb Mil SE wrote that the box of dumplings was still on the table when he left, and it would allegedly be served to unknowing customers.

He also mentioned that he contacted their head office who promised to investigate the incident.

Friends by Pontian is a franchise that has been operating for 60 years and counting, in different countries.

It would seem that this was not the first time that the franchise had been called out for neglecting food safety standards.

Netizens shared their experience with different outlets of Friends by Pontian such as a certain Ms Wendy Choo.

Ms Choo said that her mom ate at a Pontian outlet in Kovan Market Centre. “My mum found a strand of hair in her noodles, and she asked them what that was.”

“They denied everything,” said Ms Choo. “Until we said we will call NEA. Then they threw away the noodles.” -/TISG

- Advertisement -
72,000FansLike
1,000FollowersFollow
4,000FollowersFollow
1,000SubscribersSubscribe