15-year-old boy electrocuted to death by faulty water heater in Bukit Batok

17671
picture credit: Zaobao

A 15-year-old boy who is suspected to have been electrocuted while taking his shower has died in hospital. The accident happened at 9pm last night (29 Nov) at Block 233, Bukit Batok East Ave 5. The boy lives in the unit with his parents and two brothers.

The boy screamed soon after he entered the bathroom shower, his brother rushed in to see what had happened when he noticed that his brother was motionless. The family called for an ambulance and was pronounced dead in the hospital at 9.55pm.

Neighbours told Zaobao who first reported the incident that the boys’ wet, naked body was covered with blankets and that he was wearing an oxygen mask. His parents were observed to be crying as he was carried out by ambulance staff on a stretcher.

It is believed that the boy was electrocuted by a faulty water heater. Police have classified the case as unnatural death and are investigating.